Guest recipe by Alexandra Guarnaschelli,
Exec. Chef: Butter Restaurant
Watch her interview on The Woman's Connection YouTube Vlog
1 tbsp. Canola Oil
4 beef tenderloins, 8 ounces each
Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 tbsp. butter
½ cup minced shallots
1 tbsp. Green peppercorns, preferably in brine, lightly crushed
¼ cup Brandy
1 tbsp. smooth Dijon Mustard
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
½ cup veal stock
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
2 tbsp. chopped chives
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Heat the oil (until it smokes lightly) in a skillet large enough to hold the four pieces of beef. Season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the steaks in the pan and brown on the first side, 2-5 minutes.
3. Turn the steaks on the second side and brown, 3-5 minutes.
4. Place the steaks on an ovenproof tray and place in the center of the oven to finish cooking while you make your sauce.
5. Remove the excess grease from the pan where you cooked the steaks. Add the butter and the shallots and cook until they are translucent, 3-5 minutes. Add the green peppercorns and brandy and cook until the liquid reduces almost completely.
6. Add the mustard, lemon juice and Worcestershire Sauce. Swirl the pan so all of the flavors start to meld together.
7. Add the veal stock and reduce until desirable consistency. Remove the steaks from the oven and place them in the pan with the sauce. Baste the meat with the sauce and allow them to "rest" in the pan 5-10 minutes. Heat them again gently. Add the parsley and chives. Season again with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.